The parables of Jesus

March 21, 2023

Title credit goes to Tyler:))

New area....same me :)

I left Bainbridge Island last week and we took litterally everyting with us! our car was filled to the brim with luggage and garbadge....mostly garbage. If it wasn't for my janga skills inherited from my dad there would have been no way to fit it all!
Saying goodbye to sweet Grandma Marla was hard. Saying goodbye to Sister Elggren was also very hard, but I loved living with them both over the past 6 weeks and I learned so so much!

I am now in the town of Puyallup with Sister Christopherson!! She is not related to Elder Christofferson btw. But she is great! She just got out of training and she had a hard last transfer. So far we have gotten along. We are serving in the Pioneer Valley ward and I love it. The people are amazing and they love missionaries and want to help us progress the work! 

We had mini exchanges yesterday and they were so good! I went with Sister Crockett who is one of the Sister training leaders and she also served on Bainbridge a couple transfers ago. I do not like knocking. It is hard for me....not my forte. But today was so good. We had a couple unplanned lessons on doorsteps and we taught the Restoration 3 times and gave them each a Book of Mormon. It was great, knocking isn't that bad. I still am not a fan, but hey I have 16 months to figure it out. 

Spirtual thought for this week is about change. I have never liked change, but it happens a lot! Change is actually a good thing. In the moment of change or right before we don't see the benefits, we have to wait. We have to have patience. I didn't like leaving Bainbridge, or Marla, or Sister Elggren, but I have faith that one day I will see why that change needed to happen. 

Elder Marvin J. Ashton said in his talk 'Progress through Change'
"Oh, change is hard! Change can be rough.There is a tendency to think of change as the enemy. Many of us are suspect of change and will often fight and resist it before we have even discovered what the actual effects will be. When change is thought through carefully, it can produce the most rewarding and profound experiences in life." 
What a powerful statement!! Change isn't the end of the world, even if we think it is. Change can bring rewards!!

-my favorite roommates 
- the filled car
-pionneer valley 
- me and sis Christopherson 









Comments