Peeping Wizards!

April 18, 2023

Hello again everybody!! I hope you all had a fantastic week! I keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers and I love you all! 


Quick update for the week....

The baptism for our friends is this Friday! I am so excited for them and their commitment to follow Christ's example and come closer to God! Baptism is truly the gate onto the covenant path! 

We had a fun activity this week where we went to a local park and we drew the plan of salvation in chalk on the basketball court! We hope that we planted a seed or at least some curiosity in someone today! 

For the upcoming week the mission president's wife, Sister Metts, has made a goal for all of us! This week she has given us a goal of making at least 3 new friends every single day.....so when we accomplish this goal we will have 21 new friends! That's crazy! So far the work is working and yesterday we made those 3 new friends! All it takes is lots of effort and a lot of faith and then we can do all things through Christ! 

I don't know how we're going to work with all these people and give enough time and energy to all of them, but I do know that God will provide a way. In our everyday lives it can be a little overwhelming, but that's when we have to let God prevail! 

This week we had interviews and they were amazing! President and Sister Metts came to our apartment to do them so we were cleaning for about 2 weeks getting ready for that :) We passed inspection by the way! During interviews the spirit was so strong. President told me he could tell that I love being a missionary, and he's so right. I love being a missionary!! Then while we were talking about how the work was going, I felt the Holy Ghost telling me that this is where I'm supposed to be. To be honest with you when I first got here I did not like it. I was counting down the days until transfers in hopes that I'd be leaving. Honestly there's still something about this place that I'm not completely in love with yet, but I love the people and after my interview with President Metts I have a feeling I will be here at least another transfer. But you never know!!

I know that Heavenly Father knows us better than we know ourselves! He knows what's best for us before we even think about it. He wants us to become like Him. He knows what we can become and I know that as we listen to the Holy Ghost and follow Christ we will become all that God has in store for us!

For part of my studies this week I have been reading the lovely Isaiah chapters in 2 Nephi and in chapter 18 we are told to "seek the Lord, not peeping wizards" This is a little funny but also very truly, we shouldn't be seeking for anything else other than the Lord! 

I love you all and I hope you're week has been filled with all the good things! This week find God's hand in your life. He's always there, but it's up to us to recognize that! 

Pics
- book of mormon pics
- my tag obviously haha
- side walk chalk activities
- pretty blossoms 
- I promise it's hot chocolate!







Comments