Guns, Gates and DOGS!

March 28, 2023

Hello everyone! I have been in the Pioneer Valley a while now and it has been great! I can't believe I left this out, but the first thing I heard about this place when I saw I was coming here was Guns, Gates, and Dogs. I had no idea what this meant, but after being here for a while I now get it. There is a rifle rang in close proximity (very loud), every community is gated, and everybody and their dog has 2 dogs. I am not exagerating! Kind of fun. definetly not what I was expecting. 


Anyway as far as this week goes I have played 9 square in a dress, convicned members to get me Papa John's, talked through a door (not glass), and gone to the temple! I have also seen so many miracles and tender mercies from God.

Something really amazing happened this week! We have a young man in our ward who has been bringing his friend to church and youth activites for a couple weeks now. His name is Austen. 

Austen loves everyting he is learning and everything he has seen. Austen's parents do not love this idea. We decided to step back and let the Young Men work with Austen and we told them when the time is right to introduce us so we could teach him.

So Austen keeps coming to everything and we are waiting until he is ready. On Sunday we asked the family that has been working with him how things were going and they didn't have much new to say. We reminded them to reach out to us when Austen was ready. 

After sacrement meeting the young man and Austen came up to us and said, "This is my friend Auten, he wants to learn more about the gospel".....We were shocked but also thrilled. We had been waiting for this!! He has been coming to church, not only reading the Book of Mormon but also past conference talks! He is doing everything he needs to to get baptized. All he needs is to meet with missionaries!! Austen is definetly elect!! We are so excied for him and I know that God as prepared him for this!

So that was something amazing that happened this week! I know that God is aware of us. I love this gospel with my whole heart and I know that it is through him we can be strenghtned and get though hard things. Faith is hope, and hope is love! Have faith and press forward! Sometimes I feel like there is too much to do and not enough hours in the day. Christ says, in Moroni 7:33, "If he will have faith in me ye shall have power to do whatsoever thing is expedient in me"
When we have faith anything is possible! This world can be demanding at times, but when we align our will with the will of God, we will have the power to do anything He asks of us. We need to have faith. Love is hope, and hope is faith. Trusting in the Lord in hard and takes pracice. Believe that God will fulfill His promises. I know that He willl and I know He wants to! 

I love you all so so much!! I miss seeing people I know everywere I go. But I know I am on God's errand. Thank you for all your prayers! I promise you your prayers are answered!! Love you bye!!

- a pretty picture spot
- playground adventures
- the worst temple picture ever
- bom and tag detail
- bom and I tried to get mt Rainer 
- a member made us the cutest beanies
- a cute little library, with a bom of course









Comments